Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a month!

This last month has been quiten an emotional rollercoaster. God has been faithful, but I have definitely had my share of tears.....tears of worry, tears of sadness, tears of joy, tears of comfort and peace, and now, on the other side of our fears, I can see just how faithful and full of love our God is.

About 5 weeks ago, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  This came as a complete shock to us.  We don't have this in our family, so when my mom was having a biopsy, I went into it completely believing the results would be negative.  Her risk factor was like 5%.  When she called to tell me that her test results came back saying that both spots they had tested were cancerous.  I lost it.  This began the waiting game of not knowing what we were looking at and leting myself worry and go to the bad place as I call it, with my thoughts.  It took what felt like forever, and ended up being only a week and a half or so to get a plan of action.  She had a masectomy 2 weeks ago, and is recovering now.  They tested all the tissue and one of the surrounding lymph nodes and everything looks clear now.  My mom is going to be spending a lot of time with her oncologist over the next 5 years, but praise the Lord, it looks like maybe the worst is behind us.  As of now, she doesn't have to have radiation or chemo.....which is such an answered prayer.  Thank you God for taking care of my mommy!

During the waiting game, which I think is the very hardest part, my mom wanted us to come be with her for a week or so....to keep her entertained.  What a week!!! Layla and her kids were there the first part, which is always so fun.  Payton adores her cousins, Reagan and Reese.   We also had one other unexpected guest.....which was AMAZING!! My sister, Danielle, who is a missionary is Asia, came home for a week to be with us.  We hadn't seen her in a year and a half, and she hadn't met Cooper yet.  So.....seeing them together was so wonderful.  She lived with us when Payton was this age and Payton LOVES her DeeDee.  It didn't take Cooper too long to fall just as in love as Payton is.  Leaving at the end of the week was really hard.  Payton wanted DeeDee to come home with us and for us to stay longer and help Nana.

As of now, DeeDee is back in Asia, and Nana is recovering in Littlefield.  Clee and I are going to visit Danielle in June and we, hopefully, will see my mom sometime soon as well. 

Here are some pictures from our trip!

Blake (2 months), Reese (2), Reagan (4), Payton (3), and Cooper (9 months)
The Boys
Sweet Cousins!!!


Payton dancing with Pops

Payton entertaining Nana!

Cooper and his new favorite person, Aunt DeeDee!!!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Holly,
I'm so glad your mom's doing so well. I know how scary and hard it is when we get an unexpected diagnosis. Hang in there and know your family is being lifted up and God knows your hearts.
Take care,
We love you guys,
Vicki and Preston

Jessie said...

great pictures!! love yall!

jrh1953 said...

It was a scary time for all of us. I know we serve a mighty God because He has been faithful during this time. I loved having all of my girls and grandchildren here. I love everyone of you.

Jodi said...

I'm glad you put an update. I've been wondering about your mom, and will keep her in my prayers. Glad you got some fun family time too!